- Wake up whenever you want but make sure that you drink at least half a liter of water immediately after getting up.
- Eat whatever you want for breakfast, lunch or supper but do not drink water or a soft drink or any drink till you complete the food.
- A better idea is to drink one or two sips of water five minutes before you start eating so that you don't feel that the food gets stuck in the esophagus before reaching the stomach.
- When at work, working long hours on a computer or at the worktable, after every 50 minutes take a break, come out of the chair and look around. If possible look at green plants for one or two minutes and you are relieved of the strain.
- When you have to eat red meat, eat according to your taste and never really worry to eat the next meal for another 24 hours. I know that this is the most difficult thing to do but understand that the intestines in our stomach are about one and half kilometer long, so it takes about 48 hours to digest red meat. To overcome the pangs of hunger drink some fresh fruit juice occasionally so that you overcome the hunger.
- The undigested food in the stomach turns into fat and this is the main cause of obesity.
- When you are watching a movie in cinemas we feel like eating and drinking and that is because our mind is tuned to the movie but the stomach is not and so it sends a signal to the mind that it is hungry. Remember, eat what you want during the movie but do not mix it with a drink. If at all you feel that you should drink something finish eating, wait for a minimum of ten minutes before you grab a can of coke.
- The digestion process involves release of acids in the stomach which are highly concentrated in nature and if you pour a liquid, say water the acids are diluted and digestion is delayed and this causes the fat to accumulate and ultimately turn us obese.
- Sometimes, for some of us, we wake up in the middle of the night and feel hungry. We open the refrigerator and gulp whatever we see, say chocolates. This is very dangerous because the digestive system is at rest. The next time you feel hungry in the middle of the night drink water and go to sleep. The best alternative is to drink minimum half a liter of water before going to sleep so that you would not feel hungry in the middle of the night.
Monday, January 25, 2010
live the way you want and become slim
Everyone of us has a life. We have our eating habits and sleeping habits too, and we are comfortable with them. The only thing of concern is the obesity factor and the resultant side effects.The obesity factor plays a major role in lots of us with a sedentary lifestyle. To counter this there are many slimming centres that have come up. The real problem is that many of us are not comfortable going to a slimming centre or a gymnasium. It is a reality. For all those kind of people these are a few easy to do tips to stay healthy and become slim in the long run:
Trade marks, logos and copyrights published on this blog belong to the respective owners. Channels playing in this blog belong to their respective owners. No audio or video files which belong to third parties are stored or transmitted on this blog. Content is streamed with utmost faith that the audio /video are from the licensed owners. Adequate reference to the source is made when content is used from different sources as we have a strict 'no plagiarism' policy.