- Let your kids know they are your heroes.
- Reward and praise them for good efforts, not just the results. Let them know, a winner never stops trying.
- Teach your kids to think positive. Instead of saying "Don't eat with those dirty fingers", tell them the benefits of eating with clean fingers.
- Spend time with each kid, so they know they are special.
- Allow your kids to choose their own clothes, it builds up their decision making ability.
- When your kid makes a mistake, instead of saying, "I told you so", try asking "what lesson can you learn from this?"
- Get to know your kids schedule, friends and teachers, so you can ask "what game did you and Narayan play today?", "What did your geography teacher teach?"
- Listen attentively to your kids when they talk. Cut off your newspapers, T.V and look into their eyes.
- Start each day fresh. It's a nwe opportunity to have a better relationship with your kids and to fall in love with them all over agan. Hug them, kiss them and say "I love you" atleast once a day. It's a great morale booster.
Monday, November 30, 2009
your kids will say "I love you" if ...........................(parenting tips)
Trade marks, logos and copyrights published on this blog belong to the respective owners. Channels playing in this blog belong to their respective owners. No audio or video files which belong to third parties are stored or transmitted on this blog. Content is streamed with utmost faith that the audio /video are from the licensed owners. Adequate reference to the source is made when content is used from different sources as we have a strict 'no plagiarism' policy.